Advice for Buyers
Browse through our advertisements (or search for what you need) and buy good quality goods for charity in the knowledge that the previous owner donated them Free. 100% of your money goes to charity.
When you identify an item you are interested in you can either call (if telephone details provided) or email the seller to find out more and to arrange the transaction.
You are not buying from Give and Buy, you are buying from the person who listed the goods. The vast majority of people offering items on GiveandBuy are trustworthy and genuine. Nevertheless, it is very important to take the same common sense precautions online as you would offline. PLEASE FOLLOW the guidelines that will help you stay safe when buying goods:
- Do not pay in advance for any item and do not remit money by money transfer, e.g. Western Union.
- Check to make sure all items are in good working order before you part with cash. Give and Buy makes no warranty in relation to goods or services advertised.
- Deal with people locally, whom you can meet in person (this simple rule helps you avoid 99% of the problems).
- If the seller has a mobile phone number, also ask for the home phone number, so you can contact the seller if there is a problem with the product.
- If the seller is providing a service, ask to see proof of identity and any qualifications that are claimed
- Beware of SMS messages appearing to come from GiveandBuy.com and requesting you to respond to a premium number. These messages are not from GiveandBuy and can cost large sums. Please do not respond to such SMS messages and report this abuse to the Telecoms Regulator.
- If you are buying tickets for concerts, events etc. always make sure that the tickets are legitimate and may be transferred.
- Email - be wary of email and text phishing, receiving messages not relating to items for sale and requests for personal information.
- When making payment, remember it is the seller's responsibility to remit these proceeds to Give and Buy. You can ask to see it being done online or to copy you by email on the acknowledgement of payment - the option for this is given at time of payment